As a Chairman of Nagar Prathmik Shikshan Samitee (Municipal School Board), Surat providing primary education, he has continuously upgraded the quality of primary education. In his term of five years, he has been non-controversial and earned credit of academically oriented administration. The Municipal School Board of Surat comprising of 270 schools imparting education to 1,33,000 students, in seven medium namely Gujarati, Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Telugu and Udia.
During his tenure as a Chairman of NPSS – MSB, Surat…..
- 270 Municipal Schools were named after the various dignitaries of India such as Educationalist, Social Worker, Freedom Fighter, Martyr, Sportsmen, Scientist, Mathematician, Dramatist, Poet, Literati, Artist, etc.
Since last 85 years the schools were known by Numbers. It is for the first time in history of India that schools run by Municipal School Board are given names. 270 names were given to the schools at a time by the then worthy Chief Minister of Gujarat, Hon’ble Shri Narendrabhai Modi. The function to declare the names was organized at Gandhi Smruti Bhavan, Surat at 6.30 pm on 30th May, 2010.
The Municipal School Board has established a record of naming 270 schools at a time in India and therefore this record has been accepted by Limca Books of Record. They published this records in the Limca Book of Records 2011 edition.
- New Computer Center to provide adequate and effective training to the primary teachers was established. The Center was inaugurated by the then Education Minister Smt. Anandiben Patel.
- For the first time in the history of Nagar Prathmik Shikshan Samittee ‘School Anthem’ was written and composed, which is very popular across Gujarat.
- With a view to soliciting public participation and providing all possible facilities to the students of the municipal schools as available in private schools, he framed Public Participation Policy and as a result 27 schools were adopted by various Trusts, whose assistance helped the Board to provide Computer Laboratory, Library, Benches, Black Boards and Equipments of different Sports in such schools.
- To inculcate aptitude and generate learning spirit for mathematics and science, a “Maths & Science Club” of the Municipal School Board was established at central level. The students of various schools of municipal school board participated and designed about 202 scientific projects and presented them in Children Science Congress, out of which one project was selected for National level, which itself is a chapter of our golden history.
- For the first time in the history of Nagar Prathmik Shikshan Samittee ‘ a quarterly house magazine ‘Prathmikan’ was published. The name ‘Prathmikan’ was given by Rupin.
- Training Camp has been organized for Teachers and Headmasters for academic orientation.
- The Premises Utilization Policy has been formulated for the utilization of school Play Ground, Rooms & Assembly Halls.
- A Third Party Equipment Audit was initiated for all the schools to ensure optimum utilization of the school equipments.
Education through English Medium was commenced.